12.14.2011

i used to go running.

I used to go running.  I used to write.

Lately, though, I haven't run much and have written less.

Not running has some to do with a busy schedule and some to do with a lack of motivation which may or may not have some to do with a busy schedule.

Not writing has had some to do with a busy schedule but more to do with liking what I'm reading from others far more than I like my own writing.

BUT, I'll come around soon.  I always do (jinx).  Inspiration's out there.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna ponder my next move...and keep reading.

Photo by Ken Trombatore

5 comments:

  1. Yes, my luck. I just started reading your blog...and your gone. Life does get busy sometimes! Get back out there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding yourself in flatland is no fun. But change will come in abundance and often unexpectedly when flatland begins to fade and the hills comeback into focus.
    I too have suffered as of last this burden. May we both find a cornucopia of passions in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is incredibly authentic and poetic. The combination of these two things is an unusual gift. Don't let the ebb get you down, just focus on what's happening even if it seems like nothing. Eventually you will come out on the other side with more strength, brilliance, and inspiration than maybe ever before. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others. As we have all experienced on the run, there is a time to slow down, re-fuel, and re-charge, and when you feel the energy return there is a time to charge ahead. It's a good time of year to recharge. I look forward to reading about your adventures in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better hit the trails with searing vengeance if you want to keep up with me while I'm pacing you in Utah! Because I will steal your bib and leave you for dead.

    ReplyDelete